Julie's EDIT 6200 Blog

Thursday, January 20, 2005

Tensions

So as the group is beginning to find collaborative partners for their class projects, I am reminded that this process, while a lot of fun and full of learning opportunities about oneself, the role of technology in the classroom, etc. is also one that is fraught with tensions.

  • Meeting the needs of this class vs. needs of the teacher your working with.
  • Using technology to engage students in new ways vs. easy outs.
  • What you know technology can offer vs. what you collaborating teacher knows/doesn't.
  • Believing you have something to offer others vs. fearing you don't.
  • Beginning to think of yourself as an instructional consultant vs. thinking of yourself as a colleague.

And while these tensions can be difficult to navigate, it is also in exploring them fully that the most growth occurs. They can't be ignored, and they can't be swept under. I hope the students in this class will use this project as an opportunity to fully explore all of these tensions and not be afraid of them.

1 Comments:

  • Very aptly put, Julie. I will be addressing some of these tensions in my own blog reflection. I am very impressed that you are keeping a blog also. I continue to learn a great deal from your expertise and example. Thank you!

    By Blogger Julia Osteen, at 7:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home