Social Interaction Styles
You know, it doesn't matter how often I either sit through or facilitate a session on social interaction styles, I always walk away reminded of things that I tend to forget - both about myself and those that I work with. And family. I wasn't surprised at all when someone mentioned how this relates to their interactions with spouses (ex or otherwise) - it is very easy to see how this maps to our personal lives.
I also have to realize as a teacher, that just because I might provide, "a," "b," and "c" for my students as activities/structures/job aides that there's always that one kid/student that needs "d" too. I think the biggest takeaway for me from Monday's class was a reminder that when I get frustrated with others, I should consider their interaction style as a lens by which to reframe that frustration in a more positive light. Doing so allows me to respond in a better manner that helps build the relationship instead of potentially harming it.
I'm also reminded how impossible it would be to do anything (nevermind how boring life would be) without the strengths and talents of everyone. So here's to all the analysts, drivers, amiables, and expressives out there - thanks for being you!
I also have to realize as a teacher, that just because I might provide, "a," "b," and "c" for my students as activities/structures/job aides that there's always that one kid/student that needs "d" too. I think the biggest takeaway for me from Monday's class was a reminder that when I get frustrated with others, I should consider their interaction style as a lens by which to reframe that frustration in a more positive light. Doing so allows me to respond in a better manner that helps build the relationship instead of potentially harming it.
I'm also reminded how impossible it would be to do anything (nevermind how boring life would be) without the strengths and talents of everyone. So here's to all the analysts, drivers, amiables, and expressives out there - thanks for being you!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home